Realtor Procedures and Guidelines
- All agents must present to the Access Control officer on duty a photo business card, valid Florida Realtor License, or a business card, and Florida Driver's License.
- All clients must be accompanied by a qualified real estate agent or broker.
- Agents desiring to visit or show an occupied home must receive pre-authorized clearance from the owner or resident prior to an appointment.
- Realtors/brokers desiring to show an unoccupied (vacant) home or merely perform a drive through of the various areas of The Deerwood Country Club are requested to state this intention to the on-duty Access Control officer upon entering the property.
- Caravans: When organizing a caravan at Deerwood, it is recommended that the coordinating agent contact Access Control prior to the event to assure timely access into Deerwood.
- Open House:
- Open house showings are held between the hours of 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Prior to the open house date, the agent is to supply Access Control with the address of the home and a minimum of ten (10) maps.
- The agent will also provide Access Control with a list of pre-approved names attending the open house.
- If a guest arrives at the gate whose name is not on the list, Access Control will call the home for authorization. If the home is vacant, the agent must provide Access Control with a cell number to call for authorization. Each person must be approved by the owner or the realtor via phone if their name is not on the list, or they will be denied entry.
In accordance with the DIA Covenants and Restrictions and the Architectural Review Committee (ARC), all realtor and/or owner signs must meet the following criteria. Any signs not meeting these criteria will be removed by Access Control. The criteria used for the sign are standard for a number of gated communities in our area and therefore should not place a burden on realtors.
- See signage specifications for exact dimensions, style and other pertinent information. This should be printed and taken to your sign company.
- If you do not have a sign company, the following companies are familiar with the sign dimensions and colors: Matt Broadus Signs (396-6950), Mail Masters Printing & Signs (285-9129) and Giglio Signs (396-9046).
- One "Open House," "For Sale" or "For Rent" sign of approved size and colors may be posted on the property of the address being advertised. It may be smaller but not larger.
- A sign no more than 4" x 10" may be attached at the top of the sign for the realtor's name and telephone number. It may be smaller but not larger.
- Signs no more than 4" x 10" may be attached to the bottom of the sign for "Contract Pending,"